Saturday, September 20, 2008

Far North


It's Saturday and we have reached the north cape. We opted to stay aboard as the tours are a bit too planned out for us. Yesterday was a cable car ride up a VERY steep hill with a view of Tromso. The car was rickety but the operator looked confident. The trees are turning colors here and the locals consider it the winter season already. Ski season start October 1.

The Arctic Cathedral there is quite strange. The architect has build a simple but dramatic building. Let's see if I can find a link. Ah good

The towns and cities are getting sparse up here. There is order to Norway but of course a lot of the towns this far north were destroyed during world war II so they have been rebuild in the last 60 years.


There are many retirees on this trip - they travel all over the world. I'm surrounded by local children at the moment. I think the boat is the highlight of their winter existence. You all know how much I am enjoying that. But I've got Van blasting in my ears so all is well in Maryworld.

What a odd two weeks we have chosen to be away. The Brits are so amused by Sara Palin. I wish it was as funny as it sounds.

Nice the see the market close so high on Friday.

No comments: